Frequently Asked Questions: Kwok Scholarships for Graduate Study at the University of Oxford
Graduate studies at the University of
Master of Public Policy, Blavatnik School of Government
MSc in Psychological Research
MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation
MSc in Environmental Change and
MSc in Nature, Society and
MSc in Water Science, Policy and
MPhil in International Relations
MPhil in Politics (Comparative
MPhil in Politics (Political Theory)
Below are some of the questions potential scholars ask about the Association:
- 1. How are Kwok Scholars selected?
Kwok Scholarships are need based, candidates need to justify their financial circumstances that they should be awarded Kwok
Scholarships. Kwok Scholarships are also merit based. The Association looks for candidates who are committed to improve the lives of others and have a vision to serve the community with his or her field of expertise.
Value of a Kwok Scholarship:
- 2. What costs does an Oxford Kwok Scholarship
Kwok Scholarships are full funding scholarships. It covers full university course fees, a maintenance grant for living expenses and one return economy airfare.
- 3. What does a Kwok Scholarship maintenance grant
Maintenance grants are determined based on the living costs recommended by the university. It covers food, accommodation, personal items, social activities and study costs.
- 4. Can I apply for a Kwok Scholarship to study for
No, a PhD is not a programme the Association supports.
- 5. Can I apply for a Kwok Scholarship to study a
graduate programme other than Master of Public Policy?
Yes, other than Master of Public Policy, you can also apply for a Kwok Scholarship to pursue MSc in Psychological Research, MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation
and Management, MSc in Environmental Change and Management, MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Governance, MSc in Water Science, Policy and Management, MPhil in International Relations, MPhil in Politics (Comparative
Government) and MPhil in Politics (Political Theory).
- 6. I am a second year master degree student, can I
No, it is the Association's policy not to accept an application from a continuing student.
- 7. Am I allowed to accept awards in conjunction
with a Kwok Scholarship?
No, a Kwok Scholarship will not normally be held concurrently with other scholarships.
- 8. Do I need to translate my university transcripts, which are in Chinese, before I submit them?
No, you do not need to translate your university transcripts.
- 9. I am currently a student in the UK. Does it matter if I apply from the UK?
It does not matter where you apply from.
- 10. Who covers the cost of attending the
Candidates are expected to cover the full costs of attending the interview, including travelling and accommodation, where applicable.
- 11. What documents do I need to take with me to my interview?
- 12. What is the dress code of the
- 13. What should I expect of the
You will be individually interviewed by our Selection Committee comprised of 3 to 4 interviewers.
- 14. What questions will I be asked at the
Some of the information you have provided will be discussed. The interviewers will ask questions to enable you to fully explain your motivation and inspiration to take the programme. Your career
goal and intention to serve the community will also be discussed.
- 15. Any tips for preparing for the interview?
You may wish to be more familiar with the Kwok Scholarships by checking out our website and social media.
- 16. My university is asking me to pay a deposit,
what should I do?
If you have been offered a Kwok Scholarship, you can provide your Kwok Scholarship offer letter to the university and ask for a waiver.
- 17. What should I consider when indicating a
preference for a college?
You do not need to indicate a preference for a college. But if you do, provided that the college offers the relevant graduate programme, you should consider the location, commute,
costs, clubs and societies, as they vary among colleges.
- 18. Who pays for my accommodation?
Kwok Scholars are responsible for finding and paying their accommodation. Maintenance grant covers accommodation costs, you
can pay your accommodation out of your maintenance grant.