Undergraduate study at the University of Oxford
Undergraduate studies at the University of Oxford
Philosophy, Politics and Economics at the University of Oxford
Established by the Kwok Scholars Association (founded by Dr. Walter Kwok), each year the Kwok Scholarships will provide full funding for up to two exceptional students from Hong Kong and/or mainland China who intend to return to Hong Kong or China on completion of their studies to develop a career in public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China. Funding is available for two undergraduate scholarships at the University of Oxford, annually.
- Tenable for the full duration of a standard undergraduate course (3 or 4 years in length);
- Covers University tuition fees, college fees and a maintenance grant for living expenses;
- Scholarships will be allocated based on academic merit, financial need and commitment to public service.
To be considered for an undergraduate Kwok Scholarship, an applicant must:
Application Procedures and Timeline:
- be a Chinese National (Hong Kong permanent resident) or Chinese National (Mainland resident);
- have exceptional academic merit and/ or potential and have been offered a place to study Philosophy, Politics & Economics (PPE) or another Social Sciences undergraduate course related to public service; and
- demonstrate a commitment to public service for the benefit and betterment of the people of Hong Kong and/or China, and the intention to use his or her studies at the University of Oxford to further that commitment.
- Candidates must first apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford using the UCAS application, by 15 October 2016, and be successful in gaining a place for admission in 2017. See http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate for further details.
- Eligible candidates who have received an offer for an undergraduate course should submit a separate application for a Kwok Scholarship via www.kwokscholars.org by 31st January 2017 and will be required to arrange for at least two references to be submitted on their behalf.
- Spring 2017: Short-listed applicants will be interviewed and the selected Kwok Scholars will be notified of their acceptance.
- 8 October 2017: Start of Michaelmas Term at Oxford.
18.00 on Tuesday 31st January 2017 (China Standard Time)
Application is Closed