Established by the Kwok Scholars Association (founded by Dr. Walter Kwok), each year the Kwok Scholarships will provide full funding for up to two exceptional students from Hong Kong and/or mainland China who intend to return to Hong Kong or China on completion of their studies to develop a career in public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China. Funding is available for two undergraduate scholarships at the University of Oxford, annually.
- Tenable for the full duration of a standard undergraduate course (3 or 4 years in length);
- Covers University tuition fees, college fees and a maintenance grant for living expenses;
- Scholarships will be allocated based on academic merit, financial need and commitment to public service.
To be considered for an undergraduate Kwok Scholarship, an applicant must:
Application Procedures and Timeline:
- be a Chinese student from Hong Kong or Mainland
- have exceptional academic merit and/ or potential and have been offered a place to study Philosophy, Politics & Economics (PPE) or another Social Sciences undergraduate course related to public service; and
- demonstrate a commitment to public service for the benefit and betterment of the people of Hong Kong and/or China, and the intention to use his or her studies at the University of Oxford to further that commitment.
- Candidates must first apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford using the UCAS application, by 15 October 2017, and be successful in gaining a place for admission in 2018. See http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate for further details.
- Eligible candidates who have received an offer for an undergraduate course should submit a separate application for a Kwok Scholarship via www.kwokscholars.org by 31st January 2018 and will be required to arrange for at least two references to be submitted on their behalf.
- March 2018: Short-listed applicants will be interviewed and the selected Kwok Scholars will be notified of their acceptance.
- 7 October 2018: Start of Michaelmas Term at Oxford.
18.00 on Wednesday 31st January 2018 (China Standard Time)
Application is closed