MPP graduate scholarships at the Blavatnik School of Government at University of Oxford
Graduate studies at the University of Oxford
Master of Public Policy (MPP) Flyer
Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford Information Sheet
- Established by the Kwok Scholars Association (founded by Dr. Walter Kwok), each year the Kwok Scholarships will provide full funding for up to two exceptional students from Hong Kong and/or mainland China who intend to return to Hong Kong or China on completion of their studies to develop a career in public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China. Funding is available for two MPP scholarships at the University of Oxford, annually.
- The Scholarships provide in full for University tuition fees, college fees and a maintenance grant for living expenses.
- Scholarships will be allocated based on academic merit, financial need and commitment to public service.
To be considered for an MPP Kwok Scholarship, an applicant must:
Application Procedures and Timeline:
- be a Chinese National (Hong Kong permanent resident) or Chinese National (Mainland resident);
- have exceptional academic merit and/or potential and have been offered a place to study the Master of Public Policy programme at the Blavatnik School of Government (“BSG”) at the University of Oxford;
- demonstrate a commitment to public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China, and the intention to use his or her studies at the University of Oxford to further that commitment.
- Candidates must first apply to the BSG and be successful in gaining a place for admission to the MPP programme in autumn 2017.
- Eligible candidates who have received an offer from the BSG should submit a separate application for a Kwok Scholarship via www.kwokscholars.org by 31st March 2017 and will be required to arrange for at least two references to be submitted on their behalf.
- April 2017: Interviews will be conducted and the successful applicants notified of their selection.
- Autumn 2017: Start of Michaelmas Term at Oxford.
Please note that applications from candidates who have not been offered a place at Oxford cannot be considered.
18.00 on Friday 31st March 2017 (China Standard Time)
Application is Closed