- Established by the Kwok Scholars Association (founded by Dr. Walter Kwok), each year the Kwok Scholarships will provide full funding for up to two exceptional students from Hong Kong and/or mainland China who intend to return to Hong Kong or China on completion of their studies to develop a career in public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China. Funding is available for two MPP scholarships at the University of Oxford, annually.
- The Scholarships provide in full for University tuition fees, college fees and a maintenance grant for living expenses.
- Scholarships will be allocated based on academic merit, financial need and commitment to public service.
To be considered for an MPP Kwok Scholarship, an applicant must:
Application Procedures and Timeline:
- be a Chinese student from Hong Kong or Mainland China;
- have exceptional academic merit and/or potential and have been offered a place to study the Master of Public Policy programme at the Blavatnik School of Government (“BSG”) at the University of Oxford;
- demonstrate a commitment to public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China, and the intention to use his or her studies at the University of Oxford to further that commitment.
- Candidates must first apply to the BSG and be successful in gaining a place for admission to the MPP programme in autumn 2018.
- Eligible candidates who have received an offer from the BSG should submit a separate application for a Kwok Scholarship via www.kwokscholars.org by 31st March 2018 and will be required to arrange for at least two references to be submitted on their behalf.
- April 2018: Interviews will be conducted and the successful applicants notified of their selection.
- 20 September 2018: Start of Michaelmas Term at Oxford.
Please note that applications from candidates who have not been offered a place at Oxford cannot be considered.
18.00 on Saturday 31st March 2018 (China Standard Time)
Application is closed