- Established by the Kwok Scholars Association (founded by Dr. Walter Kwok), each year the Kwok Scholarships will provide full funding for one exceptional student from Hong Kong and/or mainland China who intend to return to Hong Kong or China on completion of his/ her study to develop a career in public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China. Funding is available for one M.A. in Global Affairs scholarship at the Yale University, annually.
- The Scholarships will provide in full for University tuition fees and a stipend for living expenses.
- Scholarships will be allocated based on academic merit, financial need and commitment to public service.
To be considered for a Yale Kwok Scholarship, an applicant must:
- be a Chinese student from Hong Kong or Mainland China;
- have exceptional academic merit and/or potential and have been offered a place to study the M.A. in Global Affairs at the Jackson Institute at the Yale University; and
- demonstrate a commitment to public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China, and the intention to use his or her studies at Yale University to further that commitment.
- Candidates must first apply to the Jackson Institute through the regular admissions process of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Yale. Each year, the online application is available from mid-August through January 2. In order to be considered for a Kwok scholarship, students must indicate that they are interested in Yale-based funding, and be successful in gaining a place for admission to the M.A. in Global Affairs.
- Eligible candidates who have received an offer from the Jackson Institute will automatically be considered for a Kwok Scholarship. No separate application is required.
- Short-listed applicants may be contacted for final interviews and the successful Kwok Scholar will be notified of his/her selection.
Further information and assistance:
Please see jackson.yale.edu and/or email email@example.com for further information about applying for a Yale Kwok Scholarship.
Photo Credit Michael Marsland